The irrepressible Sarah Webb has invited quite a few O’Brien Press authors, and myself, to take part in an exciting and innovative event Saturday 3rd October 2009 (During the Children’s Book Festival), at the Kingston Hotel, Adelaide Street, Dun Laoghaire from 12pm to 3.30pm
The first ever Irish literary lunch for children and teens. An author or book guru at every table! It sounds like a lot of fun, and it’s all for a very good charity, so if you’re interested in coming along, read below the line …
Come along and meet:
- Derek Landy, Mr Skulduggery Pleasant himself! Winner of this year’s Irish Book Awards.
- Marita Conlon McKenna, much loved and multi award winning author of Under the Hawthorne Tree
- Sarah Webb, author of the hugely popular Amy Green series and bestselling author for mums and big sisters too!
- Don Conroy, writer, artist and much loved Uncle Don from Den TV
- Joe O’Brien, author of the Alfie Green series and other brilliant books
- Judi Curtin, creator of the mega cool Alice and Megan books (TBC)
- Celine Kiernan, author of the Moorhawk fantasy/adventure trilogy
- Claire Hennessy, teen writing sensation who started her career at age 13!
- Alison Walsh, uber experienced editor
- Ivan O’Brien, publisher, O’Brien Press
- Plus more amazing writers – David Maybury, Maeve Friel, Jane Mitchell, Roisin Meaney, and Sarah Rees Brennan. And David O’Callaghan, book guru from Eason.
A fantastic, once in a lifetime chance to talk to these amazingly talented authors.
Plus Derek Landy will entertain you with tales from the depths of his wickedly creative mind. And our crack team of book trade professionals will answer all your questions on how a book is created and how you too can get published.
It gets even more exciting – every young reader will go home with a goody bag, and there will also be an Author Auction – win a writer to visit your school, or signed books by Darren Shan and other cool writers, plus a bookshop on site.
Please note tickets are limited and early demand has been unprecedented, so please book now to avoid disappointment. Children €20, adults €25 (child and adult tickets both include lunch – and child tickets include free goody bags)
All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
Booking: email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01 2360456 or 086 2628888 or check out www.bubblegumclub.ie for details
Children’s Book Festival info: www.childrensbooksireland.ie